Let’s face it; Life as a parent can get pretty busy at times. Life as a career person can also get busy. Mold the two together and you get a sh!t show. It’s a GD miracle if I make it to work on time most days and forget about showing up early!
I have many reasons that I can be late for work but since we don’t have several hours to spare, here are the top 10 reasons why I was late for work this morning:
1. The clock said 6:02 a.m. and 2 minutes later it said 6:45 a.m. (totally not my fault).
2. I sneezed 3 seconds after applying my mascara.
3. “Bunny” fell in the toilet.
4. My daughter fell in the toilet after diving in for “Bunny”.
5. The laundry I was so proud of doing last night never did make it to the dryer so now I am frantically doing laps around the house looking for something that isn’t sweat pants or showing my bra straps. *insert shocked face that clothes can go moldy so quick*
6. I painted my nails right BEFORE I had to put my shoes on. *dammit!*
7. My last bobby pin just fell down the drain. *Stands there staring: now what am I supposed to do?!*
8. Do ya THINK I could find two socks for my daughter?? *god, they don’t even have to match! Come ON!*
9. I gave up on the bobby pin idea so settled for a pony tail. *Elastic breaks* WHY GOD WHY!!??
10. My daughter needed one more hug and kiss before I left her to go to work.
I guess it’s not all that bad 🙂