Okay I am completely thrilled to let you all in on the exciting news! Thanks to https://curlygirlabroad.wordpress.com/ I have been nominated for my very first ever Liebster Award! I feel like I won a damn Grammy up in here! Thank you so much, girl!!
This is such an honour because (1) I received the nomination from a fellow Blogger whom I completely adore and (2) I am getting positive recognition for something that I LOVE doing when I am only 19 posts in!
The word “Liebster” comes from a German word meaning loved, beloved and liked very much. I Googled it. I know any award is a good award but I thought I should check to make sure I wasn’t being nominated for the shady award or something!
So here’s how it works!
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you. It’s the least you can do!
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the Blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5-11 Bloggers who you love and let them know you’ve nominated them.
5. Come up with 11 questions to ask the Bloggers you have nominated.
11 Random Facts about Myself. Get ready for your world to be rocked! *insert sarcasm here*
1. I only drink coffee at work or on the road. I never drink coffee at home.
2. I have a Golden Retriever puppy named Marleau. I got her for my husband for his birthday.
3. I have one brown eye and one green. I call them Hazel to save explanation.
4. I love Hello Kitty.
5. I’ve travelled to Germany, Holland, France & Belgium all in a one week trip back in 2010.
6. I love eating brownies for breakfast. But I would settle for cold pizza, a cup cake or cookies as well.
7. I really want to eat healthy everyday but I love me some food.
8. It took me 2 years to get pregnant with my daughter.
9. My husband and I love snowmobiling.
10. My snowmobile is pink (not a shocker)
11. 11 is my favourite number so YAY to 11 random facts!
Here are the questions I have been asked by CURLYGIRLABROAD:
What was your favourite subject in high school? English all the way! I guess that’s why I love Blogging so much!
What was the subject you disliked the most? Gym. Ew.
Are you religious? I was baptized as Anglican but only go to church at Christmas. I believe in God.
Who are the people who are the most important in your life? My daughter is always first. My husband, parents, sister. Of course my other family and best friends. I guess I’m a lover.
Are you a vegetarian? Hell no. Tried and failed back in high school.
Do you support any organisations such as Greenpeace, Plan International…? I am not involved in those per se but my sister and I founded an event registered with the Canadian Cancer Society called “Breast Foot Forward” where we raised money for breast cancer research and The Lodge That Gives.
What do you like most about yourself? Hmm, I guess my creativity and the fact that I am a mom.
What do you like the least about yourself? My lack of motivation to not eat cake for breakfast. Apparently brownies are frowned upon as well. Whatdya do.
You favourite flavour of ice cream? Hagendaz Chocolate Peanut Butter! God I sound like such a diva. Just a woman who knows what she wants, I say!
Candy or chocolate? Chocolate! Not a candy fan at all.
What is the nicest gift you’ve received? Hands down, my daughter. Yes, I went there. I can be sentimental, too you know! But honestly, she is. Aaaand the skidoo that my husband got me for Christmas a few years back was pretty good too 😜
Okay I Nominate the Following 5 Kick Ass Bloggers:
The confessions of a wanderer
Adventures With Kenna – Kennasmom
Mums The Word
Okay I guess I need to give you all 11 questions to answer should you accept your award nomination! This will be the toughest exam you’ve ever written, especially if you have a child in your face at the time of completion.
Are you a night owl or early to bed?
EBooks, paperbacks or magazines?
Are you a social media junkie?
The farthest place you’ve ever traveled?
Fall or Summer?
Do you still hand wash dishes or do you use a dishwasher?
Coffee or tea?
Marriage before kids or is that old school?
Cold pizza for breakfast or am I the only weirdo?
How do you like your eggs?
I hope you enjoyed reading and thank you again for the nomination! I’ll always remember my first 😉 Okay, I took that too far.
Happy Labour Day!! xx