My 2.5 year old daughter LOVES baking with me! The mere sight of me approaching the countertop with a spatula in hand sends her fleeing to grab her apron and has her jolting at the kitchen chair that she uses as her stool. The problem is, sometimes I have to bake things that aren’t so straight forward and that require several steps in order to be successful. And let’s face it, when we bake with a toddler the outcome really is a gamble.
My husband’s 32nd birthday is this Saturday and he has requested ice cream cake. His dad, my father in law, also has a birthday on Saturday, and he has requested cookies! Since I am a working mom, time in the kitchen (or getting to the grocery store) can be a challenge so normally I would have to choose one or the other or go purchase premade treats, especially when I have my mini me at my side. Fortunately, I am here to share with you these kick ass magical recipes that only require 4 ingredients and they are all delish!
With recipes this simple, everyone will have what they want and my mini Martha Stewart wont be giving me the stink eye from across the room!
Grab some ingredients and get your sous chef ready!
Easy Ice Cream Cake (inspired by my mama):
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 1 Packages of Oreo Cookies
- 2L Vanilla Ice Cream
- Crush oreos into crumbs using large Ziploc bag and rolling pin (kids love helping with this!).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oreo crumbs (minus 1/2 cup), ice cream and cool whip. Make sure ice cream is melted enough to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour ingredients into a 9×11 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Take the leftover 1/2 cup of oreo crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Let freeze and you’re done!
Double Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies:
- 1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Melted Margarine
- 1 cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, melted margarine and chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonful’s on lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Be fabulous! 😀
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter (regular, not low fat)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, sugar and egg until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place bowl in fridge for about 15 minutes to stiffen.
- Roll into balls and place on lined cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly using a fork (fun for the kiddos!)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Be careful not to over bake!
- Straighten your crown 😉
Holy smokes! I might even have some time to put my make up on before this birthday party… aaand pee alone? I won’t push it.